
This is one of my all time FAVORITE love story.
I had forgotten how much of a tear jerker the notebook was.
I was straight ball'n last nite...
The love and ache you can have for someone .... it can be so overwhelming.
I know some people say that you will never forget your first love, but you just simply have to move on.
But can a love so pure ever be duplicated?
I remember years after my first love and I had broken up, we met up for coffee to catch up on old times. I still felt these butterfly in my tummy and my heart would pound so loud I thought it would jump straight out of my chest. I didn't want to leave the coffee shop.
After a week of feeling that he will always be the ONE and no one could ever fill that spot he left in my heart, I called him to pour out my heart.....
But, I guess he was in the real and I was still living in the past. He was sweet enough to listen and still be a friend.
I can sense he smiled before he said these words..."Gladys I really care about you...as a friend now. You're not in love with me... you're in love with the idea of what we had."
These words will forever haunt my heart.
Can it be that simple??? be in love with an idea?
After all these years soon after he said those words, I felt I had closure.
But, when I watch love stories, he is still the one I ache for and wonder.
I wonder if maybe it's because he will always be the one that stole my heart.
Love of innocence.
Don't get me wrong, I love my husband.. and I could not picture my life without him.
But, those who have loved and lost and fallen back inlove...it's never then same.
We grow up and the scares and dents that your heart endures can make you put up walls to protect it because you don't want be hurt again. Our own walls are the things that stop the butterflies.
I wish I could fully let the walls down. But brick, by brick.. I'm slowly getting there.
2 comments:
i couldn't agree more.. imma start reading my book version of it again.. i was so moved by your post gladys..
For Kristine - it's moments like those that really make me feel alive, because of the emotions that come from within... thanks Kristine...oh and also.. I'm trying out the lash stuff.. so i'll be writing my experience on it soon! hugz..
Post a Comment